A property manager is a third party hired by a property owner to manage the day-to-day operations of rental properties. Their exact responsibilities vary depending on the managed property type and the terms of the signed contract.
Apartment management companies in Denver will be very efficient for the owners hiring them. Here are some of the most common responsibilities and tasks apartment rental management Denver companies deal with regularly:
- Responsibilities related to the rent
This is probably the most common responsibility of a property manager and includes:
- Determining the adequate amount of rent
- Rent collection
- Strict application of late fees
- Rent adjustment
- Tenant management is another major responsibility of property managers. They get involved in all areas, including:
- Finding and screening tenants
- Leasing contracts
- Handling complaints/ emergencies
- Dealing with evictions (when tenants violate the terms of the contract)
- Maintenance and repairs
The owner must keep the property safe and livable. Property managers are in charge of the physical management of the rented property, which includes regular maintenance and emergency repairs.
- Supervisory responsibilities
Property managers can also be responsible for managing the building budget, taxes and keeping essential records.
An apartment management company will take care of all the day-to-day activities required to keep your rental properties operating effectively.